I don’t believe in diets. I don’t like to deprive myself. I believe everything is ok in moderation and certain things should be rare small treats (like a See’s candy almond cluster *drool* or a carrot cake cupcake from My Delight Cupcakery… oh man).
Here are some tips for reducing belly fat stat!
- Eat more protein and fiber
Protein examples: lean meats, white meat poultry, non-gmo tofu, eggs, beans, quinoa, greek yogurt
Fiber examples: raspberries, avocado (healthy fat too!), chia seeds, flaxseed, oatmeal, lentils, broccoli, cabbage, apples, and brussels sprouts.
- Never skip breakfast. Never. Make yourself a protein shake if you don’t have time for anything else.
- Cut down on fast foods. I know you’re dying to try that new Taco Bell breakfast taco/waffle/plastic egg thing. Get a salad instead, ixnay on the creamy dressings. You’ll thank yourself later.
- Eliminate sweetened beverages. Don’t drink your calories when you can eat them instead! We all know soda is loaded with sugar, and diet soda is filled with scary artificial sweeteners but did you know orange juice overwhelms your bloodstream with glucose which triggers fat storage and makes you crave more carbs? Try unsweetened ice tea, hot tea, or lemon water instead.
- Stop drinking alcohol. Yeah, I’m looking at you Stella Rosa (it’s not you..it’s… oh wait, it is you). Beer has tons of carbs. Hard liquor? That isn’t any better. All liquor STOPS YOUR BODY FROM BURNING FAT. So just stop… at least for 4 weeks and see what a difference it will make. Can’t stop? Google al-anon.
Remember: I am no expert but these are tips I’ve learned and I believe sharing is caring!
One Reply to “Ugh, belly fat!!”
omg I HAVE been buying to try that dang Taco Bell thing !!! I don’t really eat fast food anymore, I passed on the Doritos taco too. Ugh, this belly fat is stubborn !!